Your First System

This should be good!!! Most of us have been in this expensive hobby for years now and have worked our way up to components we only dreamed of. I want to know what was your first system of separate components going back as far as you can remember. My first consisted of a Pioneer SX-680 receiver, a Technics SLD-1 turntable (I think that's the right model #), a Sharp tapedeck, and KLH floorstanding speakers. I was 16 at the time and thought I was the biggest badass on the block. Now, 20+ years later I have a ML 334, Meridian 507 CD, CJ PV10A, Canton Ergo 900 speakers, and a Transparent Power Isolator 4. I'm in the process of upgrading to a ML 390. It goes without saying the IC's and speaker cables are top notch as well. I know my system is WAAAYYYYY down the foodchain compared to what I've seen here but It would be interesting to see what everyone started out with.
pcook15
1973 at 14 years old. All Marantz system. Think that the receiver was a 2275. Don't remember the speakers or the turntable. Paid for by me with lawn mowing jobs. The rest is history. If I only knew then that some 30 years later that I would need to get another lawn mowing job to keep paying for this hobby.....WHOA!!!

Good listening,

Steve Bachman
Phoenix, AZ
Marantz 2235 receiver, Marantz turntable, Marantz bookshelf speakers......with the supplied patch cord.....circa 1974.
Age 23 in 1972 !! A Harmon Kardon Nochturn 820 Receiver Harmon Kardon HK 40 speaks and a Gerrard SL 72B TT. Played Jethro Tull, Cat Stevens, Led Zep, James Taylor and King Crimson till my head caved in. It was by far the best system anyone I knew had and remained so for quit a few years. The whole shootin match got ripped of in a Christmas Eve heist while I was at U Of F In good old Gainesville FLA. Thats when the Real trouble started!!!Been at it ever since. Watch out if that Lotto number ever hits.
HK 730 Receiver
BES Speakers
Onkyo TT
Sansui Cassette deck
Radio Shack 8 track Player/Recorder
It was in 1974, Ludswigsburg, West Germany. I don't remember model numbers only names. I had a Sansui integrated amp it was black with lots of knobs, a Pioneer PL 15 turntable and a pair of two way bookshelf speaker's from a company in Massachusetts USA I think they were named Rectilinier or something. 30 years ago, man i feel old.