McIntosh 501 or 602 for Magnepan 20.1

Has anyone tried any of the big Mac amps with Magnepan 20.1? I'm in the search for an amp. I'm considering:

Krell 400/450
McIntosh 501/602
Rowland 302
H2O Signature Mono

I'm running an Audio Aero CD player so no preamp is involved. I have heard to bypass the H20 and Rowland since I don't have a preamp but I haven't had a chance to try it in my setup.

Thanks...
muslover
I rebuilt the crossover and combined the internal and external and eliminated numerous connections. My reservation about active is that the only one that might be good enough is the Pass, costs $6,000, and I still wonder if it isn't as good as my retooled crossover. Though I will try active at some point.
Innersound ESL Monoblocks. The KW ones, about 10K used. Best I have heard on 20.1's.
Okay, now time for some facts:

For all I can tell, the Parasound JC-1s are indeed "TOO MUCH" for the MG20.1. For all I can see, Magnepan's specs are completely correct. More than 500W is more than the 20.1 can take... (The JC-1 is in theory capable of putting out approx 1100 watts into Maggie's 4 ohms).

Putting Classé Omegas on the 20.1 and claiming they need, or can take, the power is insane! In practice, the MG20.1s can't take nearly 50% of the power the Omegas are capable of...

The JC-1s are already MORE than the 20.1 can handle!

There's a lot of snake oil going on here, for sure... And I believed in some of it... Duh!

Well, at least I did not fall for all that cable madness :)

Peter
Peter: have you actually *heard* the JC-1s (broken in, please!) driving the MG20.1s, either single- or bi-amped? Or is your comment about them being "too much", i.e. too powerful, pure speculation? The same goes for the Classe Omegas' power being "insane".

And a lot of people say they hear differences among cables used with them. Bunch of snake oil, I tell ya! :-)

Brian
Peter...you mising point. Both amp have some headroom for drive 20.1 Both amp on paper are good choice for 20.1
Some people use JC1 with 20.1 and claim 'great sound' 'great match'....this is what is important, not what paper says or grandma tell you when sitting by fireplace.