Love it, or Hate it ? (wood trim)

Well, actually not quite that strong!

I'm talking about wood trim on amps or preamps? Some of the wood appears to be quite beautiful, but I think that it looks "wrong" and I dislike wood trim! I'm taking an informal poll:

Hate= Would NEVER own with wood trim
Dislike= Would prefer no wood trim
Neutral= I could care less
Like= Would prefer wood trim
Love= MUST have wood trim

Also, if you live outside of the USA, would you please indicate so and your country, [if you feel comfortable giving this info]?

I'm just curious about preferences, and also to see if they vary in other countries!
fatparrot
Hate is my vote, but I like very contemporary things. I am in the process of painting the wood on my Arcici rack gloss black (which has proven to be a pain in my butt...but it is almost done). It looks great!!!
pehaps the question should be- how much does the appearance
of a piece of gear affect the buyer's desire to lay out
the money. plus, i'm not running out to buy a new rack system
every time i see components that are too large or complicated
to set up on what i have-i.e.- two m.greene justaracks (adjustable 2in. thick shelves, cheap-finish black mdf).
i'm just not buying a three-piece preamp no matter how good it is. speakers- they HAVE to look good, end of story. hats off to my friend with quads with the grills ripped off, crossovers laying out on the floor, linty wires everywhere, a thorens with a broken motor/outboard motor assembly of his own design, no cd's, only vinyl, etc. yes, his system sounds good. so does mine, only i paid 5x as much- good for the economy, right?....
The consonance stuff seems tasteful to me. I like the appearance of my 2.2 CDP.