Buy MacIntosh gear w/o auditioning?

I've seen a 2 year old Mac integrated that looks interesting. Like all Mac gear it has the classic aesthetics, is powerful and flexible. It seems not to make sense to pay over 3k for any piece w/o being able to audition it but of course, that's the Audiogon way. My general rule is to avoid buying any gear especially gear that cost this much if you don't audition it first. Sure, you can turn around and sell it yourself on Audigon if you don't care for how it sounds in your system. Is the Mac gear a "can't miss" proposition?
foster_9
A few weeks ago I bought a MA6900 here on agon. I could not be more happy. I did not audition it before hand. IMO the only audition which is worth it is in my system/room. And there is not dealer who lends me several amps for auditioning. The same is true for other gear, like speakers or turntable. So I rely on what is said on agon and others boards. And if I would not like the amp I would sell it on agon. McIntosh don't depreciate as fast. I love the sound. IMO the sound is between a tube and a SS.
Do some research here, read reviews etc. You can google the model number . And if you buy it right you can resell it if it's not your style. The sound will vary depending on other gear, cables, source material and the room. good luck! My friend Loves his Mac gear and they hold their value. Couple of other ints to look at include Krell ix400, ARC 50 and CJ CAV 50 , the last two are tube units!
Creamy smooth,...thats for ice cream...I had ss and now have vintage MC40;s and they sound just right to me...maybe people who had Krell's may think they are creamy..lol