A question for JC-1 owners...

I'm trying to determine if it is worth the expense of upgrading the stock power cords
as I'm not sure if I buy into the whole PC mystique. The amps are on dedicated 20amp circuits.

1) Is it worth the expense?

2) What PC are you using?

3) What are the benefits and are they only subtle?
perfectionist
I use and would highly recommend the TG Audio SLVR power cord as Bob Crump not only makes the cord, but selected all parts and voiced the final JC-1 prototype before production so you will get great synergy. The benfits of the SLVR are not subtle compared to stock and deliver a much greater immediacy, focus, and overall more dynamic presentation --- will compete with cords far more expensive that their $500. price.

Jim
Post removed 
Yes, you absolutely must have aftermarket cords. There is a huge difference from stock cords. You will hear more weight and bass, a larger, more defined soundstage, and all instrumental timbres will be affected. On stock cords, you will have a strangulated, thin, dead, airless & constricted sound.

On my JC's, I have used AZ Tsunami cords & BMI Sharks, both of which are great matches. I have used others as well, but they did not deliver the same results.
Tvad, I know about the SLVR's and have had some discussions via e-mail with Mr. Crump.
But at $500 a pop, I feel this is a worthy discussion topic. If a high percentage of JC-1 owners post that they have upgraded their pc's and it seemed to help little or not at all, then I'm not buyin'.
I'm trying to find out if this whole pc thing is just a bunch of snake oil.
Post removed