NOS tubes for Sonic Frontiers Line 1

I just recently bought a Line 1 here on the Gon, Sounds great, but, I would like to do a little experimenting with some NOS tubes. I under stand the back two tubes make the biggest difference.
I would appreciate any suggestions? It now has the Sovtek 6922 stock tubes.

Thanks, Jim
jea48
Jim:
I am glad you are enjoying your first steps into tube enjoyment. It can be quite addictive. I fully understand your feelings about White Label USA PQ's, which are the next on my list. I currently have Holland Bugle Boys and Holland Orange Label PQs. Comared to what is considered "the really good stuff", the White USA PQs are actually quite reasonable in price. Enjoy!
Jim:
Forgot one thing......based upon my experience I have found absolutely wonderful benefits with tubes using good isolation and dampers. I am currently using Townshend Seismic Sinks (need one more for my pre) and Herbie's Tube Dampers everywhere there is a bottle. The benefits of the Sink under my tube DAC was absolutely eye opening. Can't speak for your equipment in terms of reaction to dampers, but in my pre (a PSE HL1) the improvement wrought by putting the Herbies Dampers on a pair of Holland Bugle Boys was really dramatic.
Gary
I also have a Power 1. Soon after purchasing it I started tube rolling. Right now I'm using EH kt-88, 2 BB-6922, 2 EH 6922 and 2 BB 7308 in the drivers.

From what I read, the 2 rear drivers have the most impact on the sound, so I started with the 6922's. With my equip (AR LS2MKII w/ 6922 PQ, Jolida jd-100 w/RCA 5751 blackplates and Dahlquist QX-10) the system sounded decent.

Interestingly, when I moved the EH 6922 into the rear drivers the sound stretched vertically, and became much more 3-D. Go figure.

I used to be a professional artist, and since getting into tubes I've discoverded each tube-type I use colors the sound, differently.

So much fun, but oh so costly, sometimes. When my wife returns my charge card I want to try out a matched EIkt-90 quads.

Anyway, enjoy your Power 1. I think mine is boss!
I got my tubes today. Sound, Incredible!! Just can not believe the midrange.
Jeffcott, I ordered the Herbie`s tube dampers. Should get them this week..

Jim
Jea48: Based on your posts are you saying that the 2 and 3 slots yield the greatest results? The reason I ask is I have two sets of two matched pairs (Electron Tube, Russian) and Amperex Greens, as well as a complete set of 6 Amperex JAN 7308 Greens. All of the tubes came from Upscale Audio where the Line 1 was originally purchased. I started playing with rolling the tubes over the weekend, but wasn't quite sure what to do with just a set of 4. Sounds like I can still play.