McCormack DNA 500

Is the McCormack DNA 500 really as great as reported?
Anyone with enough experience to comment?
thf
I'm wondering how it compares to the Mcintosh MC402? (400wpc; price $5100. Rave review in TAS 147). A Mccormack at $7000; or a Mac (with the beautiful build quality, looks, etc.) at $5100.......hmmmm. I like Mccormack gear, but for $7K, it would be nice if they at least gave you cosmetics equal to Levinson, Pass, etc. The older Mccormack amps at least had a beefy, industrial look; the new Mccormacks "look" like budget gear, Creek for example. Just my 2 cents,
This amp is at the top of my (very) short list for a near-future amp upgrade, so I am very interested in the responses to this thread, not only by those who have read the reviews, but by those who have actually heard (or preferrably owned) one. I did notice the Kraft and Moncrieff reviews referenced a slight lack of focus in the HF, that wasn't mentioned in the 6Moons or Jim Merod Onsoundandmusic reviews. Can anyone shed light on what would seem a deficiency? I liked Chip Stern's 6Moons review the best because of the interview with Steve McCormack, and because I thought the article was well done. Other amps I am looking at in the price range include the SimAudio W6 monos, and the Belles 150A Reference monos (see gushing review by Doug Blackburn in Soundstage).
Has anyone sonically compared the McCormack DNA-500 with the Parasound Halo JC-1 monoblocks?
If so, how did they compare sonically?
Thanks.
WOW! The writer of that review must have set a new record
for including the model number in almost every line of copy.
I'm sure it's a very nice amp, but if you wait for the next
best amp review, you will be able to purchase a used DNA 500
on AudioGon for about $2500.00.It will be listed by a person who bought it after reading the above review, that way you can test it with YOUR EARS, not your eyes.If you don't like it, sell it and you will probably break even.
Enjoy the music.

Well I feel compelled to respond here. I actually own
a DNA 500. I have had mine for about 4 months now. My
previous amp was a BAT VK500 which I was very happy
with. The problem with the BAT was the bulk and the
furnace like heat it pumped out.

I will say that in my opinion that DNA 500 was a big
upgrade from the BAT. The difference in dynamics,
resolution and control is huge. My Sig 805 sounded
great with the BAT but with the DNA they jumped to
life. I'm a little pressed for time right now but I
will say that the DNA 500 has radically changed my