Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
01-11-15: Tbg
I think that there is little question that copper is the best cabinet as well as the best material for ac transfer. But it is just too soft. I talked with Furutech at the CES, and was told that Beryllium copper is just insufficiently conductive. I have tried the Oyaides R1 and R0 outlets and prefer the R0s. I do hate gold plated contacts, preferring the rhodium plating. So right now I will live with the rhodium plating.
Have you tried the Furutech GTX-D (G) Tbg? That is a different animal to normal gold plated wpo's, as the plating is minimal & the major mojo in terms of the sound is the base metal (copper). Which works best depends on your system. I have a solid state, all digital system & my pc's use Oyaide P-004/C-004 connectors. If I were using gold-plated connectors, or had a tubed system the GTX-D (R) would have been the better choice...it's all a balancing act.
Melbguy1, yes I did try the GTX-Dgs but didn't like them as much as the GTX-Drs.
Hi Michelzay.
Very interesting what you have said about IeGo products regarding there low costs, differents base metals for conductors and the designers( ex Furutech`s).I`ll be very interested in reading your experience with these AC connectors.Also I`ll be very curious when you´ll try the silver conductors plated with gold or rhodium.It is very useful to know about other brands that makes high quality products with and affordable price, specially in this hobby that gets very expensive anytime you want some changement in the sound.I agree with you in that not all expensive products neccessary makes a relevant changement.So this brand is to be taken into account as well.Cheers!Raf
Hi Audiolabyrinth.
Interesting news about the 30amp breaker for your Krell 700cx power amp.Current is a crucial factor for any Hi End audio system.Have you looked this video about Greek audiophlies??I never forgot what one guy said.....^Electricity is 50% of the sound^Please take a look at it.Cheers.Raf
http://youtu.be/xs1aUws0Lrs
Tbg, your System thread links into a thread about Spot welding, so I'm not sure about what kind of gear you own. If you have a tube-based system, have an analogue front end or use gold-plated plugs on your pc's then yes, the GTX-D(R) would likely have better synergy. It's all system dependent. Both versions are convincingly better than a cyro'd Oyaide R1.