DK Design users check out Writers Choice Awards

With all the commotion about DK Design Group, I think many of you would like to see the following from the Positive Feedback Online's Writers' Choice Awards for 2004:

"DK Design Group VS-1 Mark II Integrated

When the PFO Writers were asked to name the "most significant product you heard this past year" the choice was a no brainer for me. From the very first time I heard the VS-1 to right this moment (I am listening to my personal VS-1 as I write this), I am still in shock and awe of this component.

If the VS-1 just did an adequate job as an integrated, given it's stunning good looks and overall design, at the cost of $2995; it would still have been a significant achievement. The fact that it has a wonderful mastery of any music played through it, turning each playing into a live performance of stunning realism makes it the best value of this year and perhaps many past ones.

The VS-1 exhibits sheer power, dynamics and a degree of delicacy that it unsurpassed in this price range. I can't think of any component that passed through my listening room that impressed me more than the VS-1 Mark II. (see http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue15/dkvs1.htm for more)"

Here is the link to the site: http://www.audience-av.com/positive_feedback_online.htm

By the way, I am still totally happy with my VS-1 Mk. 2 Reference. Enjoy!
speedfreak
According to the letters section of SoundStage.com there is a review comming out next month. Check this out:

"DK Design Group review?

December 21, 2004

To Doug Schneider,

I'm in the process of changing my current Simaudio Moon I-5 integrated amplifier. One of the products I'm contemplating is the VS-1 Reference Mk II from DK Design Group. May I have an idea of when your evaluation of this unit will be published?

Michel Beauchamp

I'm currently evaluating the VS-1 Reference Mk II in my new, massive listening room. I think this is a product you'll definitely want to check out. Our goal is to have the review with measurements online in February 2005....Doug Schneider"

This is under the following link:

http://www.soundstage.com/letters.shtml
Well it is interesting to note that other magazines will be publishing their findings on this ampplifier.
However I do find it rather amusing that we have to have 'experts' tell us what our ears should be telling for oursleves. Don't we trust our own judgement?
I for one sold my Audio Research SP16 and VS55 for the VS1.
Why? Because it sounds better. To my ears. And that's what really matters.
The only real issue will still be one of long term reliability and service. Who knows if DK Design will be around in 5 years time? But if the quality and sound of they equipment is anything to go by, I would imagine YES.

The lack of "Name brand" seems to be a bit of a phobia. More so among audiophiles who seem by nature to be rather conservative.

Anyway, I am willing to bet that the magazines will only confirm my own ears.
Yes it is a great product. I have listened to it once, and actually compared it to my JRDG model 8. Maybe even the DK design bested it. I used a crappy pre at the audiotion though.
Great product it is.
I have been in the industry for 25 years; and I would go as far as to say publicly that it is unquestionably the most revolutionary product at or near its price, and given that it's an integrated, only makes it more compelling.
It has bested MANY separates out there with ease.
The days of separates, 'death certificates' was signed with the advent of this product!
Audiophiles claim to want the BEST, yet, if the price is a little too low, or not separates, which infer superiority, they hesitate. Better is better, and this integrated has it.
If you can get your hands on one, don't hesitate. Better than the Gryphon at less than half the price, (the 2200).
Uses the same transistors with a tube front in the pre stage, which allows you to "tune" the sound to meet the needs of your system. Ingenious.
Good Listening
Larry, Is this unit powerful enough to handle the Von Schweikert VR 4 HSE? I know you've had them and commented on them with the Spectron Musician 2. How would you compare the two on them on these particular speakers?