Consonance Cyber 800/845 Valve amps; how good?

In my quest for a new valve power amp l came accross these;

http://www.operaudio.com/Html/Opera-Products-CYBERSERIES.htm

Not much info around on these but their cheaper models are well respected. Look like amazing value for money, wonder if they have the sound to match?

Any owners or listeners on the Gon?

Cheers Mondie
mondie
Peter, the 845 must truly be some kind of musical experience. maybe one day i'll have the 845 with a matched speaker as a second system. Right now I'm concentrating on upgrading my amp and speakers. I'm sticking with the KT90 tube. Its the one I've found most dynamic for orchestral, I feel no need to change. As you know every tube will have a tradeoff. The KT90 vs the 845. Am i willing to sacrifice some of the bass and treble fq's in the 90's for a certain midrange magic of the 845? No i am not. Only would consider the 845 as a second system, never as my primary. Is the 845 a warm tube or cold/detailed?
If you say the former I'm sure its not for me.
Tbg unfortunately i haven't heard the 211 valve as they aren't exactly thick on the ground in aust. very keen to do so nevertheless. there does seem to be a bit of effort to make really good new 845s (KR, SuperTNT 845M) and it bugs me to cough up large bucks just to re-tube which is why i'm tending toward the 845 as it means i can mess about with more tube-rolling! if you like horns (and have the room) the 300B can work fabulously.
Bartokfan (bit of a fan myself btw) you should really try to get a listen to the cyber 845 (or deHavilland/ Cary amps). i am going to arrange another more extensive audition of the cyber as it does seem a bit too good to be true. it has a very well balanced sound right across the spectrum with no obvious compression. definitely more warm than cold but in no way sickly sweet with excellent detail and upper air. it's all there but it just doesn't shout anything at you or draw attention to particular frequencies. you would never confuse it with a transistor amp. having said that i have separate transistor powered subs so the cybers were not doing a lot of work very low down. i'd love to have the 800s powering the subs and the 845s running the main speakers. now that would be fun
Bartok,
What are your experiences with the KT90 tube? Which amplifiers in what systems with what speakers? Or are you basing the decision on reviews and/or other posts?
Thanks in advance.
Hi Audio, just on the one amp I own , the JOR. I've heard this amp through several speakers and had simuliar results, that is dynamic/detailed/fq separations. Not warm at all. Speakers heard the JOR through were Cabasse (MTM model 4 yrs ago), Mirage1's, B7W 602's, , Thors and Tyler LSS's. The Tyler was the cleanest image. This amp is colored only by the choice of speaker. There are few KT90 amps avaliable, I see Pacific Value is offering a new Ming da KT90 that looks of interest.
Peter, I do not think the 845 will deliver the dynamics in classical , at least not how I want to hear them. Like I say as a second system it'd bea great experience for some easy music and chamber classical.