Supratek ??

The preamp deal of the century?. is the supratek live up with his title?.I ask couple of the local high end dealer , but they have no idea what is it. is it worthy the wait and price. thanks for all advice
winsound
I've had my Syrrah for about 2 years. Probably the best audio purchase I've ever made. Have upgraded almost every other component since its purchase & it still isn't running out of steam.

There are other threads that can go into the details of the sound (you can tell I like mine), the wait was not so pleasant (5 months) and then, in my ignorance, getting surprised when the bill came for the import duties was not so fun, but at least Mick was a pleasure to keep in touch with.

Happy listening,

bgrazman
I took my Syrah to a local dealer, Deja Vu Audio, for a minor repair and when I went to pick it up they had hooked it up to give it a listen. They were quite impressed and when I then told them it had originally cost $2500 and was now $2900 they were floored. They were thinking it easily was over $5K and thought it wasn't quite as good it was pretty close to a $5000 linestage only preamp they had custom built. Vu has great ears and that's good enough for me. Then factor in that it looks great and is a conversation starter, what's not to like?
Jon,

I'm so glad to read that you're keeping you Syrah besides sticking with vinyl for the time being. Hell, even if you dump the vinyl the linestage alone is worth owning this truly wonderful piece.

Patrick
Bought my Chenin to primarily get back to spinning vinyl, as I was running my Wadia 861 CDP direct into my CAT amps.

While the on-going debate exists between those who prefer a CDP direct and those who do not, I can attest that the Wadia sounds better through the Chenin. Whether that's a commentary on the Wadia, or the linestage, it's certainly a statement about how well the Chenin adds rather than detracts.

However, since getting my new vinyl rig, the only time I insert a CD is to see how bad it sounds when compared to its LP counterpart.

Vinyl's somewhat more of a hassle, but man, am I having a blast with it. I having more fun than I've ever experienced in my 30 plus years of being in this hobby, and the Chenin is providing a big chunk of that enjoyment.
I have purchased 2 of them, a corteses and a cabernet. Others have also. They are excellent quality preamps and represent a great value for the money invested. Whether they are the right preamp for you is dependant on your personal preferences and your other components in your system. You shouldn't have any problem selling it if you didn't care for it.