Amp suggestions for audiophile virgin

HI, ya'll.
I searched the archives and got a few suggestions. But will throw the question out once more.
Long time studio engineer, so very familiar with all the studio gear, but know nothing about home listening gear.

Have just acquired a B&W 602 pair for speakers. Would like an amp or amp/preamp suggestion to pair with these for inputs from CD player and turntable (if possible).
Relatively small room, so volume not a big deal.
Would like to stay under $500- $750 or so if possible.

Thanks in advance, you guys have a cool site.
Mark
swingdoc
The Classe 101 is a good one but I would try tubes too...the Antique Sound Labs AQ1003 sounded excellent both times I heard it. The Cayin TA30 is getting a lot of press at the moment.

Actually, it all depends on what type of sound you like. You will have to experiment and find out.

Arthur
Hi, thanks for suggestions.
Yah, running. Good idea.
I currently have an old Fisher tube amp 800C I believe. (passed down from family). I've changed out all the tubes on the Fisher, and that sucker is still just sagging like nobody's biz. I figure I'll have to start replacing some of the old caps etc to get this thing up to speed. I'm real familiar with the sound differnces between tube and ss based on my recording experience, and I actually prefer a "flatter" response sounding amp.

Anyway, thats kinda my taste right now. Would prefer to avoid going down the tube route.

Thanks again. Any further ideas would be appreciated.
Do any of these amps have multiple inputs (ie phono/aux) or do I need a preamp for that?
Mark
hi swingdoc,for multiple inputs i believe youll need a linestage preamp,the kinds of music you prefer and volume will be a factor ,buy used and get better quality for your money,also an integrated will simplify things. good luck!
The Marantz PM7200 integrated retails for 550 and has a option to run class a or ab. It really is very good. Very musical with slight warmness.
Luxman 491 integrated (90wpc) with tube pre and SS amp. Phono included, this is a very good product for around $400 used. Replace the stock tubes if so inclined and improve dramatically the quickness, bass response and imaging.