Most Flexible Audiophile Preamp

The Hovland Preamp HP-100 offers 7-8, depending on if you have the optional phono or not, line options. This I love since I have so many line sources including reel to reel, cassette, CD recorder, DVD recorder/player, VCR, tube and solid state tuners etc. I liked the flexibility of multiple deck dubbing of old but realize this is all but gone now. Most preamps lately are limited to only 3 to 5 sources other than the Home Theatre Preamps. To me the HT preamps provide access to crappy hollywood sources which to me is opposite to living a quality, questioning life. I like a few movies but do not want to be controlled by it. Controlled by throwing lots of money at it and making a room and my time a prisoner to that use. I do not want to dilute musical quality for a zillion video input/output options and fruitless attempts to keep up with zillion speaker output options. Something about this HT built in obsolescence stuff (never ending video/audio formats, HDTV options created while others abandoned) seems very irresponsible and true to the marketing makes the need in the USA mentality !

What are your choices for most musical flexible preamp? When replying if you can give the number of line inputs, recording options, and output options I am sure others will greatly appreciate this information. If the unit has a phono preamp built in what is your opinion of the quality of the phono preamp. Price for me can range up to $8000 new or used.
nanderson
I love my SF Line-3. 6 inputs (2bal/4se), tape and HT loops, 4 outputs (2bal/2se) plus my favorite remote.
How about the Linn AV 5103. It was their reference level peice for years, until the klimax Control came out, has 10 analog inputs, sorry, no phono, 4 coax digital ins, one optical, two digital outs, multiple main outs (3 pairs) second zone, two tape loops, and a nice DTS/AC-3 system. The DAC's are nice, but do have a slight lag to lock onto the signal...say a second delay. These seem to go for ~$2K nowadays, and are a asteal at that if it fits your needs.
BTW the 5103 also is designed to handle an outboard DAC as well, if you need it.