Why the switch from Kharma/Tenor to DarTZeel/VSA

Perhaps, its like that old joke that Woody talks about in the beginning of Annie Hall:

"And it goes like this-I'm paraphrasing: Uh ...
"I would never wanna belong to any club
that would have someone like me for a
member." "

But, why does it seem that some of the original Kharma/Tenor/emm labs club members are switching over to DarTZeel amps and Von Schweikert speakers. On the other hand, it doesn't seem like there are many Tenor hybrids or Kharma speakers going up for sale ... yet
thom_y
Thanks Frank! Yes this thread has been very entertaining. LOL! I will always have special thoughts for both pairs of Kharma's I had the joy of owning.

This hobby never ceases to be fun and now that these new VR's will be very heavy maybe I will be too lazy and old to move them for any others. LOL!!! Riigghhtt.....
Frank, either you or I, or both of us in tandem, have a special gift for stirring up the pot.
By way, did you really have to torture the rest of us with your AA thread? What if I told you the Keith Monks machine was even better?
Oh, I forgot to mention I went ultimate route of vinylphilia and got a mono Helikon.
Entertaining, yes, informative, uh...

I guess I'm silly for finding something that gets things right in the first place and leaving it alone. There is no perfect component or speaker, just different approaches and I guess I'm old school wanting proven solutions that work well together instead of chasing my tail, to focus on the music. More than one way to get down the road but I'm done being a guinea pig and imagine some of you are, too. Just my biased opinion...

Brian
Well Brian, ideally you're correct, but if one is fortunate enough to be exposed to different gear the chance of finding something that "seems" better presents itself. It's an individual choice that people make to the best of their ability. Such as going from Atmaspheres to JC-1's. And I'd hardly classify as guinea pigs anyone wanting to purchase a pair of Sound Labs and drive them with the JC-1's if they like it better than their previous amp/speaker combo. I've heard it and it sounds great. Happy for them. Or even moving up in a given product line. Even those at their ideal stopping point had to get there somehow. And those that never do? Well, if they've the disposable income to swap out gear ad infinitum, so what? What's the harm? Why are people seemingly insulted and take issue with that? If some have a problem with that, well that's exactly what it is: their problem. And somewhat petty at that. I really don't want to get into a pissing contest here. I have neither the energy, nor prostate, for it. I'm happy and enjoy this hobby, and don't begrudge anyone for whatever moves they make. I'm not personally offended by any change anyone makes, regardless of how many and seemingly ludicrous. If I was, it's time to look more closely at me than them.