Comments on Magnum Dynalab MD-208 receiver

I am considering replacing my expensive Rowland Concentra I integrated amplifier and Fanfare FM tuner with the Magnum Dynalab MD-208 receiver. I am downscaling my 2nd system but plan on keeping my ProAC 2.5 speakers (I think) and Meridian 508.24 CD player (upgraded 508-20). How will the Magnum Dynalab MD-208 receiver sound with the ProAc 2.5 speakers? Does the Receiver have enough power (and amps) to make these speakers really sound good? This system is used for mostly background listening but it still needs to sound good. I hope to listen to the MD-208 later this week and asking for your comments. Thanks..
hgeifman
The person above says the MD-208 Receiver does not have enough output current for the ProAc 2.5 speakers. The Magnum Dynalab MD-208 Receiver spec sheet says its current output is 30 amps peak. How many amps do the ProAc 2.5 speakers really need? thanks...
I thought that Proacs are not that current demanding. nevertheless, I believe that it would be a downgrade to go from the Concerta to the Magnum receiver. For what I remember from reviews, the Magnum garnered diverging opinions from different review forums, in contrast to the almost equal opinion in reviews of the Concertas.
I do not have experience with your Rowland, which probably deserves the high praise it receives, but imo the MD-208 will be one of a few appropriate "downscale" solutions. Unfortunately, Bemoptil123's "downgrade" statement is probably accurate. But, consolidating components, generally providing adequate power, maintaining honest quality and finesse of presentation, is the niche the Magnum tries to fill. I found the MD-208 to be a serious piece of equipment that could be the mainstay for a nice, simple system.
My goal is to downscale my 2nd system replacing the Rowland Concentra integrated amp with the Magnum dynalab MD-208 Receiver. I am not looking for the VERY BEST sound from the 2nd system but I do need it to sound good. I believe the MD-208 will do this. We are making some TV set changes shortly and I need to combine 2 boxes into one box because I need the shelf space. My Rowland Concentra I integrated amplifier and Fanfare FT-1A FM tuner are at Music Lovers Audio (Berkeley, CA) on consignment. Thanks for your comments above..cheers.