Panasonic digital amps and 4 ohm speakers

I've been looking at buying one of the new Panasonic XR digital receivers (SA-XR50 or SA-XR70), but the XR50 specifies 6-16 ohms. Anyone tried using one of these (or the older XR45) with a 4 ohm speaker?

I've got some GMA Europas on order, and was hoping to mate them with one of the new Panasonic receivers. Any reason not to?

My room is only 12 x 19, I listen mostly to 2 channel, and mostly listen at low to moderate levels. Definitely want to be able to crank it up every now and then, though. Thanks for any help.
ragan
I dont really have an answer but im really curious to see where this goes.

Im looking at some Adire Audio DIY speakers, they are all 4 ohm, and ive been eyeing those panasonics, and while i dont ming amping my main l/r i would just rather not go to the expence of buying a seperate amp for the surrounds. it is just a living room surround setup.
Can you please expand on what this receiver does that makes it a great value or sounding unit?? I never thought Panasonic was even considered mid-hi-fi??? I know some of this stuff is starting to sound ok particular when considering how little it costs.

R.
Red2, the new Panasonic units are supposed to sound great when using the digital inputs, but just average when using the analog inputs. Since I have several digital devices and a limited budget, this is my first choice of receiver, provided it is compatible with my new speakers.
I'm using the SAXR45 with the GMA Europas with no problems. Sounds excellent hooked up digitally with a Panny 963sa upsampled. You will have no problems
I have used the Panasonic on GMA Europas and my Magnepan 2.5Rs. I've ran it 4 weeks straight without turning off the Panasonic on my Maggies. There are a couple guys that post on Audioasylum that use the Panny with B&W 801s another uses Von Schweikert 4.5se.I seriously doubt you will have any problems. It's quite a bit tougher than what it looks.Word of advice ...pair your cd/dvd player with a power conditioner. Something that uses an isolation transformer like the Powervars would be great. It makes one hella of difference.The Panny is very sensitive to the bits it recieves from the cd player.The cleaner the bits the better IME. You can get a Powervar 2.0 to 5.0 on Ebay .They normally sell between $30.00 and $50.00.Any of these would be more than adequate for a cd player.These conditioners IMO out perform or match some of the high dollar audiophile conditioners.

Good Luck!