Panasonic digital amps and 4 ohm speakers

I've been looking at buying one of the new Panasonic XR digital receivers (SA-XR50 or SA-XR70), but the XR50 specifies 6-16 ohms. Anyone tried using one of these (or the older XR45) with a 4 ohm speaker?

I've got some GMA Europas on order, and was hoping to mate them with one of the new Panasonic receivers. Any reason not to?

My room is only 12 x 19, I listen mostly to 2 channel, and mostly listen at low to moderate levels. Definitely want to be able to crank it up every now and then, though. Thanks for any help.
ragan
I have a XR25 (same amps as XR45) and I tried it out with Dynaudio speakers that measure about 3.7 ohms dc. It sounded fine and didn't get hot. However I can't say how things would go long term. Panasonic must have a reason for the 6-8ohm spec. But perhaps that is related only to maximizing power output...don't know.

One thing you can do is use a subwoofer (powered by its own amp) to take some of the load off the Panny.
I dont really have an answer but im really curious to see where this goes.

Im looking at some Adire Audio DIY speakers, they are all 4 ohm, and ive been eyeing those panasonics, and while i dont ming amping my main l/r i would just rather not go to the expence of buying a seperate amp for the surrounds. it is just a living room surround setup.
Can you please expand on what this receiver does that makes it a great value or sounding unit?? I never thought Panasonic was even considered mid-hi-fi??? I know some of this stuff is starting to sound ok particular when considering how little it costs.

R.
Red2, the new Panasonic units are supposed to sound great when using the digital inputs, but just average when using the analog inputs. Since I have several digital devices and a limited budget, this is my first choice of receiver, provided it is compatible with my new speakers.