Is it best to use a 5-channel amp for biamping??

My next amp will be a sunfire (not the signature series). Please advice if buying the 5-channel cinema grand and use its channels in a bi-amp configuration will give me better results as opposed to just getting the two channel stereo amp?

Thanks in advance
planckscale
Greg,
Thanks for the clarification! I am well versed on crossover /band-pass filters circuitry. I just wasn't clear on the way you used "sonic signature" in this context.

I think I will go for the 5-channel cinema grand, instead of the regular two channel Sunfire.

Thanks again.
I would like to read the response to Arthur's statement regarding the improvement with more power, would like to add a little twist to it.... if your 5 channel amp is struggling to handle the speakers (using one channel per side), so using 2 channels of the 5 for each side (L & R) wouldn't it be expected to have a more noticeable effect (common sense suggest dynamics) with this scenario? Thanks
Luis
Increasing power typically results in a more consistent presentation regardless of volume. This translates to maintaining a more cohesive and liquid presentation as spl's are increased rather than the grain, glare and distorton that we experienced when pushing the system with the smaller amp. By removing all of the negative attributes brought about by the limited headroom of the smaller amp, one can listen at higher levels with less fatigue for longer periods of time. That's because you aren't hurting your ears as much due to a reduction in multiple types of distortons. All of this with increased coherency. Then again, going to a bigger amp that lacks proper design and uses lower grade parts may actually sound worse than a lower powered amp that was well built and designed. Quality first, then quantity. Sean
>
Arthur- IMO using 4 of the Krell's channels should make a difference. I'm assuming the B&W's bass & mid-hi x-overs are discrete (not connected) of course. You should have better control and response in the low frequencies.
Planckscale- sorry for regurgitating what was obvious to you!
Cheers