Preamps: Bryston vs Classe

I am looking for a new preamp and am considering these brands but don't have dealers nearby so I can not do a comparison. If anyone has listened to both and can compare comparable models, I would appreciate all comments.
Thanks
cford
For amps, Classe imparts an (?artificial) warmth which makes voices and strings more natural. It's a little rolled off at HF. The exterior design and quality is superior to Bryston. I never had reliability issues with Classe.

Bryston is more detailed and unforgiving. 20 yr Warranty is hugh plus. Great quality, rugged built, better value.

Having said that, IMHO Classe builts better pre-amp than bryston. With BP series pre-amp, there were many complaints of treble brightness.

I have a Bryston SST amp which has many great qualities. I try to make it my primary amp. However, there is that last trace of digitalis that I try to subdue with different interconnects with no success. I may eventually let it go b/c listener fatigue.
Glai!

Don't generalize the "Classe sound".
The CAM and CAV series amps in general are a bit rolled off on the top, but their pres and pre pros (I have an SSP 75) are as clean and bright as the sun!
In the matter of fact the SSP75 driving my rig compared to a PMI model II is about the same in clearaty and definition.

A<.
For home use, I would go with Classe. For pro studio, I would go with Bryston.
Bryston makes rock solid components and are great pre and Amps. Classe is a tad more refined IMO , and offers full balanced circutry, which for me is a plus. Usually Classe 's reliability problems occur within the 1st 100 models produced, so If you go Classe , Get a model number over 100 or Call Classe, They are very forthwright in telling you at what production point a new product "got the bugs out".