Should I upgrade my Levinson 38S preamp to 380S?

I have the Mark Levinson reference CD transport (31.5, I believe),and the 30.6 DAC. My speakers are Pipedream 18 hemi references. My amps are currently Levinson 20.6's plus 23's. I may change out the amps. What do you think?
swanlake
Wow what a system! I have a similar system but with Salons, a #32 preamp,31.5, 360s DAC, and 436 monoblock amps. You might want to upgrade to the #32 or the new #320s which replaces the 38 series preamps.
Check it out at HarmanSpecialtyGroup.com
I'd love to hear or discuss your system.
Steven
I replaced my 38S two years ago with the 380S. I still have the 380S today and it has been a wonderful upgrade. The 38S, while having a very low noise floor, has a very antiseptic sound, e.g. clean, detailed, but no body/emotion. This was the biggest change for me when going to the 380S. I have been looking at the 320S as a possible upgrade option when it becomes available. I think you will find that it will be cheaper for you to sell your 38S and pick up a used 380S vice sending yours into Harmon, provided they are even going to still offer the upgrade. My experience with them is that they do not support upgrading a model to a newer version that has also been discontinued. Enjoy.