Sound is too big for my room.

I just got an original B&K st140 amp and PS Audio 4.5 preamp. I use them with my Music Hall MMF CD25 and JM Lab Chorus 706 speakers. The sound in straightire (passive mode) is great. The B&K has really tamed the highs. Everything sounds like natural, live music. The B&K really brings the bass out in the speakers. WOW! The soundstage has disappeared as it seems like the players are in my room. The problem is it sounds so live their are no boundaries to the sound. Most of the imaging is to the rear of the speakers and along the width of the room and Im in a small 10'x14' room. I think my room is too small for this set up and Im considering going back to my Arcam A65 integrated. Any tips or should I just sell?
bundee1
At a low volume I dont get the same slam and detail in my music. I need that to get into the groove. The Arcam did provide that slam at around 10 o'clock on the volume knob but it also sometimes hard harsh highs. Those are my tradeoffs.
You may want to consider some room treatment. Check out the Rives forum on audio asylum. The room is often the most overlooked piece of the system.
No Im trying to get satisfying sound on the cheap so no expensive room correction. Im just trying to find either the right speaker for the Arcam A65plus or the right amp for the JM Lab Chorus 706.
I agree with Nutella with the room treatments and I'd also like to add that you should play around with the speaker placement.
I didn't mean room correction per se. I was referring to simple adjustments such as placement of furniture, curtains, an area rug, etc. to help absorb or diffuse some of the reflected sound in the room. These sorts of things helped tame my listening area and cost next to nothing.