Balanced Tube Preamps I Should Try

I am looking for a balanced tube preamp to mate with either my Pass X-250 or Sim Audio W-5 amps. I think the amps sound better using the balanced inputs. I would like a tube preamp with remote control if I can find a very good one. Price range would be $5K retail.

Thanks and Happy Listening.
bigkidz
Supratek is an outstanding tubed pre (says the new and happy owner), but none of the circuits are balanced. Mick will build them with XLR connectors, but it basically would be the same as using an adaptor. BAT would be my recommendation. Remote is an option on these, so check that out. The VK5i would be a great choice. One available now for about $1.750, which leaves plenty of $ for good NOS tubes. It uses 8 6922s and 2 (I think) 5881. Tube life is very good, 10,000 hrs estimated.
I agree on the above recommendations for the MAC C2200, it's a fantastic preamp. You may also want to check out an ARC LS5 MKIII, it's another great fully balanced preamp.

Good Luck!

Mike.
You should look at a used BAT VK50SE. I have seen them on this site for around $4000.00. I have owned mine for about three years and is the only piece I have not sold off for something else. The 50SE is upgradable if you decide to do so in the future. One of the very best sounding pre amps out there bar none!!! Good luck
Swampwalker - The Supratek XLR outputs are balanced, meaning each XLR output transmits two phase signals. But the preamp is not considered a balanced design.