Preamps for $300 to match with B&K st-140?

Im trying to get a little more warmth and power to my JM Labs Chorus 706's so I picked up a B&K st 140 amp. Now I need a pre to go with it. I want something under $300 that has a tone bypass, and maybe a phono input. Im going used so vintage is ok. Tubes are good too. Thanks for the help!
bundee1
I bought a Dared SL-2000A tube preamp last week. I purchased it for a second system that I don't have together yet, so I put it in my main system. I have to tell you if you can get away with just 2 inputs and no phono, this pre will be hard to beat in that price range. It can be had for a little over $300 brand new(I payed $330 total). It comes up weekly at auction here and on ebay. It even has a little keychain remote.
I need a preamp with good bass reproduction. Do the preamps you guys have suggested do that?
A preamp can only give you whats there to begin with.Also the sensitivity of your amplifier will be a factor.I haven't used the Dared on a B&K. But from trying it with a modified Dynaco ST 120 60 wpc paired with Solilquy 6.3s and Paradigm 20v3s paired to an Adcom 585..rattling the windows wasn't a problem! The preamp cannot make up for deficiences in the source or the amplifier...unless your using tone controls, which I don't use. Tone controls can only do so much, it will always be at the mercy of the amplifier.