Monster Cable does Power Amps,,,,,,,,,UH OH

I just visited the monster cable website to look at their power conditions. To my surprise, I noticed that they are now offering to power amplifier. One is a multi channel for home theater and the other is a 250wpc stereo amp. This should be interesting to see how Monster does amongst the audio community.

Here's the link:

http://www.monstercable.com/power/lineAmps.asp
meech33
Ha ha. I just looked, they mention nothing about internals, no picture either. They do say this:

o Monster Mirrored Amplifier TechnologyTM ensures low distortion, greater clarity even at the highest power levels.

o Laboratory-grade digital power meters monior acutal power output and dynamic range.

o 250 watts per channel, 500 watts total with all channels driven.

o 400 continuous watts all channels driven into 4 Ohms, instantaneous peak power all channels driven greater than
300 watts per channel/8 Ohms, 500 watts/4 Ohms.

o Balanced complimentary push-pull input stage delivers ultra-wide bandwidth performance for best reproduction of

o high resolution 192kHz DVD-A and SACD formats.

o Embossed plate with The Head Monster, Noel Lee's Signature.

Aside from having Noel Lee's signature on something meaning precisely SQUAT unless it's a check, they way they bulleted the spec about push pull INPUT makes it look like they think the amp has something to do with digital formats-- you'd think a company that large would have someone proofreading their website.

Besides, big deal, a balanced complementary push pull INPUT stage. What about the outputs, you dopes? I guess we know the important stuff from their ad, though: It's got big ass meters, and that's all that matters.
Gotta say,. Monster's customer service and garauntees are first rate.

I had a power conditioner that crapped out on me after about 3 years of use. I took it back to the authorized dealer i got it from, and they gave me a brand new one. No questions.

If i would have gone straight through Monster, they would have fed-ex'd me a brand new one and then i pack the old one up and ship it back.
No waiting for repairs, just a brand new unit.

I use alot of monster cable in my current rig. I'm unimpressed with thier SVGA cables, they seem to crap out after about a year of use. Thier interconnects work and sound fine to me. Thier speaker cable isnt that bad either in my opinion.

Wilson Watt/Puppys are being manufactured with Monster Cable. thats gotta say at least SOMETHING about thier cables.

However,
I'm not going to be the first in line to buy an amplifier from them though. I'd just assume wait untill some non-biased reviews come out. (independant consumer reviews, not magazine)
Well - you can rest assured that Audio Advisor will soon devote a page or more - complete with glowing "reviews" - to these amps in their next catalog.
All that aside, I will be the first to say that most of Monster's lower end cables are simply garbage. They've been trashed at AudioReview.com loads of times; and I'm still at a loss why their lower end power conditioning products get such "good" reviews. For the same price you can get a Panamax product that has a metal rather than a plastic case; and has internal wiring at least as good inside (if not better).
Oh well - I'm sure that the Best Buy salesmen will have no problem selling Monster Amps with those "cool" Bose speakers!!!
I don't think Wilson is using Monster Cable anymore (if they ever in fact did). Heard Wilson is now making their own internal wiring. Besides, Fabio has Martin Logans, and that's got as much to do with the quality of Martin-Logans as Wilson allegedly using Monster Cable has to do with the quality of a Monster-brand amp.

As for customer service, start a marketing company that sells products with little actual parts or engineering value for incredible margins. Get the masses to buy them impulsively like rats pressing a feeder bar, and you'll be able to service customers like that, too.

Notice I never said Noel Lee isn't a genius, he's just a marketing genius, not an audio genius.
Meh..

Seems like monster istn too popular round here.

I remember once, i was at a Audio Retail store, and the salesman was trashing Monster stating thier cables were so much better. I asked him about a turntable they had setup that was wired with monster, the guy responded "oh, i brought that turntable in from home with the cables just to get it hooked up so customer's can hear vinyl over the gear".
I diddnt say anything about it, just thought it curious that he was selling these other cables yet using monster in is own home.

I still think they have a decent product. I think it depends on your system. My rig really doesent need anything much better than monster. Once i get a high-er end system going i will probably end up replacing all the cable though