Anyone heard the Krell KCT Preamp?

I am in the market for a preamp and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to evaluate or audition this unit. Any owners care to comment? Also, there seems to be no reviews published that I can find thus far. I am also particularly interested in its CAST feature for mating with Krell Class A amps (high impedance output into low impedance input. Thanks in advance.
stevecham
I'm a fan of the MONO FPB amps, I have owned several stereo and MONO versions but never the 250m's in particular. To me the MONO amps are easily superior to the stereo amps, you can hear the difference right away back to back. Then again the "X" amps are another step forward too, I own the 750MCX amps now but the sweetheart of the group to me is the 450MCX amps, bang for the buck they are awesome. I think it is very hard to hear much difference between my 750's and the 450's and running them on 220Volts is a whole elevation in itself. Dan said all his amps where built and voiced on 220V and that is where they sound the best. Don't get me wrong I was very happy with my stereo amps, I wasn't complaining about anything but the MONO's were a step up, be it an expensive one.
I've had 3 Krell amps and last was a FPB600 but never like their preamps. Haven't demoed the EVO series so how do they compare to the FPBs?

What cables do you guys use with your Krells? I found MIT worked best but not so with my current gear.
I use Transparent cables right know and like the way they sound. I just got my system put up which consists of FPB 400CX and my KCT pre-amp. I must say very impressed!! In the market of buying a CD player to go with it. Been looking at the 28C and have not made up my mind yet. The 450 MCX's are nice amps no questioned about it. I feel I really didn't need that kind of power. Speakers I am running are the good old Epic CF 4's by Klipsch & I must so I do love them! I have more then enough head room with these speakers.
I also find Transparent IC a good match for my Krells but the SC is too dark. MIT has a more open and detailed sound which I much preferred.

All my friends with Krells at the time all use either MIT or Transparent. I like to hear what cables owners of the current EVO series use.
Rminsf,

Have you compared the newer Krell series such as the Evo 400e to the FPB series? I have the FPB 450 MCX and I wonder if the 400e is a significant improvement.