Which basic amps can drive 1 ohm loads ?

Which amps will drive 1 ohm loads like Apogee Speakers?
seadogs1
Classé DR3VHC will do the job,a pair with the right AC cord
will be better and sound excellent. And DR 25 not bad at all
Actually Apogee speakers are not a highly reactive load. They are mainly a resistive load. Only the Scintilla ran at 1 ohm. Most other ribbon models run in the 3-4 ohm range, a horse of a different color entirely.

Actually the Scintillas have a 3 ohm wiring option, but don't sound as good this way.

THe old Krell KMA-100 and KMA-200 monoblocks were built with the Scintilla in mind.

A 1 Ohm load will barbeque most amps.
Thank you Ghostrider45

Notice Seadog hasn't been back to tell us just what 1 ohm speaker he is referring to?
Ghostrider: Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, i was thinking that these were quite reactive loads.

As far as 1 ohm speakers go, some of the Acoustats ( and possibly other E-stat's ) hit 1 ohm at very high frequencies. I know that my Ohm's drop well below 2 ohms but do so at low frequencies. Nothing like asking an amp to deliver all it can at frequencies that already need gobs of current...

As far as the Scintilla's dropping down to .6 ohms, good luck : ) If we put 2.83 volts into an 8 ohm speaker, we have about .353 amps flowing through the output stage of the amp. This is equivalent to one watt of power. If we put that same 2.83 volts into that .6 ohm load, we've got almost FIVE amps ( 4.717 ) flowing throw the output stage. This is literally 13+ times the amount of current. Needless to say, MASSIVE heatsinks and / or forced cooling would be pretty much mandatory. This is especially true if you were "standing on the throttle" for any amount of time. Sean
>

PS... I don't think that the guy that was using the bridged Perreaux 2150's was using them to drive Scintilla's : )

PPS... People with Scintilla's can charge folks money to break in their power cords. If they rig up adapters, they can use power cords as speaker cables and draw as much or more current through them as a refrigerator would : )
Thanks everyone for your input. Those of you who guessed that I was referring to the Apogee Scintillas were right.