Cary Audio vs. Classé

Hello!

I am the owner of a pair of Cary Audio Cad 40 M Signature Edition mono amps and have an offer to change them for a Classé CA 300! Do anybody know if it is an upgrade/downgrade. or tell me if it is a good or bad deal and why???
I don't do it for more watt ( 40 watt is enough for my ProAc's) only to try something difrent!
Best regards
Yanomami
yanomami
classe equipment is anything but harder and in your face sounding. classe is noted for it's laid back smooth sound. You should audition a classe ca-101 or larger amp with your speakers or even their cam series monoblocks. That will be the only way you will know for sure.
I found the Classe harsh and brittle highs CA400, CA300, and the Omega 350? also. Then again I find most bipolar designs to sound this way. Just my opinion, you should listen to them on your system before purchasing, because that is an extreme sonic change.
classe is a great amp..it is just a poor match with pro acs. the mating of these two brands just doesn't produce the best results...classe with celestion, b&w, castle and several other highly regarded brands is a match made in heaven.
Matching is important. I agree with Jrd351 that Classe and b&w speakers are a great match.