Buzzing in my speakers w/ new amp

I've just introduced a new Odyssey Stratos Amp with a cap upgrade to my system, and I'm getting a nasty buzzing sound in my speakers. It sounds like its definitely an electrical issue. I contacted Klaus at Odyssey (great guy!) and he had me disconnect the interconnects and the buzzing went away. This tells me that the amp is picking up some interference and its not within the amp itself (unless its the interconnect connections, which I doubt). I think I'm dealing with some serious dirty power. I did not have this problem with my previous amp (Marantz MM9000), but that amp did not have the same quality (sensitive) power supply.

I'm hoping that you people have some solutions for me to try, so that I can stop focusing on the buzz, and concentrate on the beautiful music this amp is delivering.

I've already tried isolating the cables, different (dedicated) outlets,different interconnects, a PS Audio UO (did quiet it down a bit), a "cheater plug" (dangerous?), a Monster Cable HTS5000(the high-end one with the "glowing meter") and a PS Audio P300 power re-generator (made it worse!!!). The Stratos Amp has two little blue LED's inside to illuminate the Odyssey logo. I'm wondering if these could possibly be introducing some interference? In the past I've had some experience with this type of wiring introducing problems.

My system consists of the following:

Sunfire TheaterGrand 2 Pre-Pro
Odyssey Stratos 2ch amp
Marantz MM9000 Amp (center, surrounds for theater)
Alisis MasterLink HardDisk Recorder/CD transport
MSB Link DAC3
Sony DVD (high end, forgot model)
PS Audio P300
PS Audio 20 Amp UO
Monster HTS5000
TaraLabs interconnects (high end, forgot model)
TaraLabs speaker cables

Im sure this is a common problem out there, so HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
mhubbard
OK, why don't you try and simplify the system a bit. Try disconnecting everything in the system. Now hook up your DVD player, your preamp, your Stratos and your 2 main speakers. Plug everything straight into the wall and see if you still get the buzzing. I'm not familiar with your I/C's. Are they shielded? If you still get the buzzing at this point you may want to try some shielded I/C's. If this doesn't work, call Klaus. It's not the LED's that 's causing the buzz.
Very funny...No, just try a cheater plug (50 cents) on the wall outlet for the AC power cord coming from the amplifier. If that works, then you could always cut the ground off the end of the AC cord.

This assumes it is a ground loop hum through the power. The interconnect hum is also possible...
Hey Sugarbrie,

I already had a cheater plug from the amp to the PS Audio UO. So I added a cheater plug to the UO cord thats plugged into the wall....and I got the same buzzzz.

I think its time to disconnect everything and add componets back in one at a time to isolate the culprit.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Then it sounds like it's something else like possibly the interconnects or another problem mentioned by the others...

Sometimes a bad or cracked solder joint can cause a hum also. Either where the RCA plug is connected to the cable, or where the RCA jack is connected inside the piece of equipment.
Make sure that the only thing grounded is the amp. Everything else will ground through the ic's