Audiolab info needed

I'm putting together a system for a small room, and I want to build it around a good integrated amp. The Audiolab 8000S is still available through Artech for a tempting price. I've looked around on the net but found scant information on it; not surprising, as the company went out of business years ago. If you own or have listened to an Audiolab 8000S, I'd appreciate your input on a couple of questions:

1) The sound has been described as "dry" or "neutral." I've listened to the Cambridge Audio 500 series equipment, and I found it a bit too warm for my taste. I also auditioned a Musical Fidelity A3.2, which has a clean, precise, detailed sound which I like, but it's out of my budget. Where does the Audiolab 8000S fit on that spectrum?

2) I plan on auditioning the NAD C320BEE/C350/C370 line, and the Myryad Z140. How does the Audiolab compare?

Thanks,
Jeff
jverona
Thanks for the info. I know TagMclaren absorbed Audiolab, but I wasn't aware how close their products are to the Audiolab originals. As for the warmth issue, I'm considering a Njoe Tjoeb 4000 for a CD. Would the tubes in that player warm the Audiolab's sound?
Audiolab amps have received universally poor reviews in the US audiophile press when compared to other British names such as Creek, Naim, Arcam, Musical Fidelity. I was Unimpressed when I listened to it. Do yourself a favor and ckeck out these other brands and also include NAD & Rotel. You will save much money and get a better amp if you buy used here on audiogon.
Infinitebaffle ... perhaps you could direct us to the poor reviews, because I could only find glowing reviews.
And the closeout price at artech is the same as buying used on audiogon. I really think you need to back up your strong assertions with some examples. For example, have you ever heard an Audiolab amp ?
Anyone have opinions on the 8000Q? There's one on Audiogon and also new at artech. One seller once described it as "the most lush tubelike SS pre there is", but that doesn't sound like the majority opinion.
I feel that only those who have owned an Audiolab gear for some time can give a precise and honest answer. I owned the whole of 8000 series for several yrs and can find not many gears to come closer on a price-value ratio. Good, clean and enjoyable music at very low prices and, further, no reliability problems.
All reviews (well, most) I've come accross highly praise the Audiolab.