++++StereoPhile Class A components+++++

Any of you guys who have listened to more components than I have, or maybe anyone who has been in the industry: I see a lot of posts mentioning "stereophile class A " etc, so I assume this recommendation carries a lot of weight. (After purchasing my Audio PHysic Virgo II's, I saw that they were class A in stereophile, so I felt like I agreed with what they were saying.) Are the reviews completely independent? With the vast array of components out there, can they really cover all of them? Do you guys really agree with the class A and B thing? Thanks for the perspective....Mark
mythtrip
Why do you think it is an 'interesting choice of words?' It is in reference to an earlier post about the conditions for not confining me to quarters.
KAL...Do reviewers have body doubles like Saddam? So when they have their top secret meetings with the product manufactures the AIA (Audio Intelligance agency) doesnt know if its the real reviewer or not? HUMM?
Reviewers cannot afford such measures. We do have 2 methods.

First, there's the double-blind procedure: When we meet with manufacturers, it is a requirement that we both get blind drunk so that no one can remember what was discussed or with whom.

Second, there's the ABX approach in which all such meetings require the presence of a third masked party who is a competing manufacturer or a reviewer for a competing magazine but whose identity is kept from both reviewer and manufacturer.

With these methods, we can socialize and accomplish nothing.
"With these methods, we can socialize and accomplish nothing." ?
Sure you do accomplish something. The Manufacturer usually pays!!
"Blind drunk"
Golly blind AND deaf?! That's major sensory deprivation man! Must be awful for you!

Uh, that's humour Kal. Us Conspiracy Theorists gotta' have SOME fun.
Well, I have to go watch Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory now. I haven't watched it yet this week, and I have to stay sharp so I can keep an eye on you guys and figure out what's REALLY going on!