Comparing pre amps and the upgrade dilema

I presently own a Blue Circle BC 3.1 Galatea. My previous reference was a ARC LS5mkIII. I have been thinking of upgrading to a BC 3000 or a LS25mkII. And have also considered the LS16mkII, That is a downgrade at least with price.
I no longer use balanced and care very little about a remote.
I loved the sound of the LS5mkIII and in hind site should have held on to it. Does the current ARC pre's sound similar?

It is not a straight foward thread. But make what ever sense out of it you can

Jrud
jrud
Sometimes I end up purchasing a piece that I used to own, because I miss it. Accept that this will happen sometimes. I'm on my second thiel 04a, have owned 2 AI M3a's, and after owning CJ 11a and Premier 12's and selling both over the past few years, now I'vegot a CJ 11a on loan from a friend and with these new speakers - Thiel 1.6 - and the First Sound Preamp, WOW....

When people ask me what single component most affects the sound, I say preamp. That is my experience, that the sonic signature of the preamp is huge, so huge it strikes me as even more significant than the amp or speakers. Ultimately the quality of the system is due to proper matching between components and room setup....

Sorry I don't know if the new ARC preamp sounds like the old.

Art
I own an LS 5mkII and when making the upgrade to it compared it to the others you mentioned

The LS5 is more engaging and musical than the newer Arc pieces.

I saw one on ebay this week.

Tom