Can I get suggestions for a tube preamp please?

Hi Folks,
I have a PS Audio Classic 250 SS amp & I am considering the purchase of a tube pre-amp & would appreciate suggestions. I prefer listening to Rock & Roll music but I'm not picky unless it's country music.

A Home Theatre Bypass would be necessary & balanced outputs because I integrate my two channel setup with my Home Theatre. I don't have a turntable, so I only need this for my CD player, currently a Sony s9000es. Can I find something very good to fit with my system in the $1,500 range?
Regards
dsiggia
The Sonic Frontiers Line 1 has all the features you want and is available for <$1500., but only used as they are now out of production. Service through SF is not a problem though if needed. I use the Line 1 for both 2 channel music and in my "sort of" HT system, and I can highly recommend it. The Line 1 is neutral/accurate rather than euphonic. Good Luck. Craig
Everyone knows that I am partial to the Sonic Frontiers...
It is a great piece! The SF 1 is worth the money! It would definately be a worthy piece for your system!!
Good luck,
Joe
Custom Audio LLC
I can ditto the SF but throw in a few more bucks and open up that sound stage and send a very clean strong signal to your SS amp,,,, go for the Line 3,,,, you like Rock,,, do the Line 3 with that monster of a power supply with dual core 26 stage of regualtion. Use the best pair of tubes in the first gain stage and Rock the house down with those 20/20 Focus,,,,, if your thinking of a SF add the few bucks more and go with the Line 3,,, definitly go for the Line 3, it's a monster with that out board Power Supply,,, that's not only a power supply,,, it's a fully blanced dual core differential full blown power conditioner using top shelf parts suppling good strong regulated clean power to a 12 tube pre amp. It opens up that stage and the bass is strong tight deep and quick. The Line 3 has a low output imp and will work great with your SS amp even if using a long bal IC. Use the best cable you can afford and Rock in style. The Line 3 has everything your looking for and is the best preamp SF made besides going with the Line 3se which SF will upgrade any Line 3 too. The Line 3 is up there and was a bargin at it's 5k retail price. Just use the best tubes you can find in the first gain stage. It runs very hot so make sure you allow plenty of air space. Do not place it in a tight rack it needs open air. It will increase your electric bill too. It's a hot rod and will mate very well with the rest of your gear.