Anybody used Nikko amps before?

Hi, I would like to know if anybody here ever used Nikko amps and pre amps? If so, how would you classified its quality and sound? Does is stand up to todays electronics? The reason for my question is because there aren't to much info out there. What I do know is Nikko is no longer made. Thanks for your concern and happy listening. :)
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64
I recently picked up the Nikko Alpha II from Goodwill. It was unbelievably cheap (Of course people at Goodwill , but I wasn't sure it was working because it looked pretty beat up. I thought at least the chassis and Heatsink would be worth it.

What do you know.... it starts right up, and does not hiss / frickle / hum. Beautiful sounding gear indeed.

I may replace the power supply capacitors (just because it's old) and it'll be as new!
I currently am using the Nikko 230 power amp, with an Adcom preamp. The amp is probably over 20 years old at least and I have never had a problem with it. I currently purchased a pair of Bose 201 and the sound quality is great. In the past I used the Nikko amp as the center piece of my surround sound, it would power my front speakers. My current configurations is such; nikko power amp that powers my two front speakers (bose), I have an Adcom surround sound processor from the 90's that decodes only dolby pro logic and it power my 2 surround speakers (PSB bookshelf)and my center channel (JBL). I am looked to add a sub woofer in the near future. Hope this helps.
>currently am using the Nikko 230 power amp, with an Adcom preamp. The amp is probably over 20 years old at least and I have never had a problem with it. I currently purchased a pair of Bose 201 and the sound quality is great. In the past I used the Nikko amp as the center piece of my surround sound, it would power my front speakers. My current configurations is such; nikko power amp that powers my two front speakers (bose), I have an Adcom surround sound processor from the 90's that decodes only dolby pro logic and it power my 2 surround speakers (PSB bookshelf)and my center channel (JBL). <

I hope you are only using this setup for the occasional movie. I can't imagine what it sounds like when trying to reproduce music.

Shakey
I have been playing with some SS and have kept a Nikko Alpha 650 as it has a nice stage, is well balanced and has good dynamics. I do not feel it is a limitation in my system.
Like to see what will knock it out of the sand system.
I had a Nikko Alpha 650 when in college - Wow what an amp - Being a dump kid at the time - I blew blew something inside it while moving cables (yes while running). It then went to my parents house. I asked my dad what happened to it and he said he gave it away years ago... :(

Hopefully someone got it fixed up and is using it ..