Anybody used Nikko amps before?

Hi, I would like to know if anybody here ever used Nikko amps and pre amps? If so, how would you classified its quality and sound? Does is stand up to todays electronics? The reason for my question is because there aren't to much info out there. What I do know is Nikko is no longer made. Thanks for your concern and happy listening. :)
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64
Hi i have had a Niko Alpha2 amp, Betta2 pre amp, EQ1 and even the 450 am/fm tuner for 25 years. It has been trouble free with many long hard driving nights on this set up. (and i mean hard continous use!) It powered a set of Sound Dynamics S15 speakers (15 inch woffers) as well as a set of Polks. It still has a smooth crisp sound and response. the amp weighs 30lbs with a continous power output of 110 watts per channel. Say what you want gentelman this equipment was not the top of the line but it most deffinetly in my opinion and useage was not the bottom but middle or better of the line up. What do you know i even have the manuals for all this stuff as well as the Mitsubishi 6 foot high stereo cabnet with storage for LP's? Did i say LP's?
i own the nikko beta-30 preamp, the graphic eq500 and the stereo tuner and the nikko alpha-230
it pumps 250 w per channel useing 4ohm speakers and it works great . the speakers i use are MTS 2200 which make this sytem sing . and i got it all for 20$ ( at the local thrift store) (EXCEPTH THE SPEAKERS) ive pushed it hard and heard no distortion . who evers says the amp sound like crap doesnt know about sound quality and not to blast their source into the preamp . or just do not know the physics of sound to adjust the eq to a realist value. so Nikko amps i reccommed
and they are way better than dirty peavy (w/ exception to their tube amps)
I recently purchased a Nikko Alpha II, EQ 1, and Gamma 20...I have always wanted them from the early 80's. I am very happy with them. They sound just as good as my Sansui BA 3000, CA3000, TU9900 setup. Only problem I have is I don't know how to set the clock on the Gamma 20 (no manual)...any help would be appreciated.
I used to own The Alpha 230, Beta 30 and Gamma 30. I got them when I was 17 years old, they were brand new. My father bought them for me for my birthday. It is a day I will never forget. I remember getting them home, opening the car trunk and sitting in the driveway, opening up the boxes, because I was sooo exceited I cound't even get into the house to open them. I had them for about 12 years, then one day, while pumping out George Thoroughood's "Bad To The Bone" on my Cerwin-Vega AT-15's at peak, (nothing better than a Vega/Nikko combonation), the Alpha 230 actually caught fire, and died. It was later discovered inside the housing that a coin had fallen through the heat venting and shorted out a cap. Anyway, fast forward to 2007, still have my Beta and Gamma 30's, always on the lookout for an Alpha 230/450 or 650.

Good Ole' Nikko!
I have 2 Alpha 450's with a BTL1 bridging unit. The BTL1 allows me to run each amp in mono. I have 3 other Alpha 450's that are broken and will be repaired to completely run my whole home theater with.