Reactions to HP's review of Antique Sound Lab amp?

He raved about the Hurricane in the latest TAS.
Anyone with long term experience care to comment?
jp
914nut
Boy.....someone has taken this thread on a merry ride! Some of this is quite good but may belong in a new thread like rating the reviewers? I happen to think it might be quite good. On the original subject I think we squeezed about all we can from this unit someone other then Judesonic can respond as to how "real" the HP review was. Looks like Judesonics thinks HP is "right on". I have been notified that my unit should be in in one week.....after set up and all....I'll get back to you all.

Anyway, Asa and Zaikesman......how about that new subjest......."your favorite reviewer...and why"..
.....????
Favorite reviewer? Rwd, you don't seriously think that if such a thread wasn't to immediately descend into an utter bitchfest, that there would be any anything posted in response to it at all, do you? :-)

(This is part of why I admire Kal Rubinson for participating around here in any way.)

Asa, I grant you J-10's more endearing points, and have actually defended him to a degree in the forum before. (Although I am quite certain that Mr. Valin also is a lover of music, and however misguided I may be, I still do place a rather high value on writing style, if I am going to be reading something someone has written while paying for the privilege. Not to imply that Mr. Scull is exactly Steve Rochlin or anything...If someone had just taken his italics crutch away from him, I think he would have been quite enjoyable in limited doses.)
The ASL Hurricane is a Chinese Jadis; and Franco-Chinois has fared well as a genre before. Except the service.
Hmm...HP always did like Jadis...but if the service is like you fear, I hope the reliability is better :-)