Strangest Tweak?

Bricks atop amps, sandbads atop speakers,snake oil? And i am sure this is only the tip of the iceberg...
128x128phasecorrect
Nothing is perfect, certainly. I prefer to buy component that doesn't need any kind of such a tweak. Otherwords, I avoid it.
HEY PAL: THIS IS NOTHING NEW. i READ ABOUT THIS IN THE 70s IN THE AUDIO MAGS. SOMEONE CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO BUILD A TUB TO FLOAT HIS TURNTABLE IN TO AVOID VIBS. ALSO SOMEONE WROTE AND ARTICAL THAT I RECALL THAT THE SPEAKERS WERE SUSPENDED WITH WIRE FROM THE CEILING. MAKES ME LAUGH. MY WIFE WAS WORRIED ABOUT MIROWAVES FROM HER CELL PHONE. SOMEONE CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO WRAP HER HEAD IN ALUMINUM FOIL IF SHE HAD CONSTANT USE OF THE PHONE. FEARS & SUPERSTITION - HUMMM,YES, QUITE POSSIBLE. OH-BOY. "RESQUEME"
There is only one way to find out. You have to give it a try. You can read all the manufactuers scientific methods (or BS) on why their's is the best. It won't tell you a darn thing on how it sounds. To think that some people actually swallow this garbage without trying, has no credibility with me. There are some tweaks that will give more importance in sound than a piece of gear. Yes, there are some snake oil products. Some you have mentioned will work for some. Others will tell you that this is snake oil. please do not underestimate the importance of certain racks, shelves, outlets, room, PCs, and dedicated lines. Only you can determine what is snake oil and what works.