Anybody remember G.A.S.

A company from the seventies?
taters
Fond memories of my G.A.S. I first tried a Son of Ampzilla used from a dealer (80 Watts) to replace my Carver (500 Watts) amp. Let me tell you, the Son blew away the Carver in both sonics and power!! I then bought the Ampzilla to run my sub. Overall, I think the Son sounded better and was more reliable.
Everyone here knows I am a h/k Citation nut. The Citation 16A is my favorite amp of all time, besting my McIntosh MC-2300 in the sonics department. However, I have been listening to an old G.A.S Grandson amplifier that I have had for years and never really gave it serious listen too. Hooked into my main system (replacing the 16A) everyone in my household, (especially me) is floored at this little guy. Bass slam, dynamics, super deep/wide sound-stage, it's unbelievable! This sounds like a tube amp on steroids, it's so liquid. I am not sure that I am gonna go back to Citation. I don't know where all this thunder is coming from, it has only 40 wpc, 4 dinky output transistory, two puny 10,000 microfarad caps, but ONE enormous transformer. I can't believe how good, how powerful it sounds. It is reminding me quite a bit of a Krell KSA 50 (my favorite Krell of all time). Anyone else here use G.A.S. or is familiar with Grandson? There is not a lot of info out there.
Oddly enough GAS (Great American Sound) was basically James Bongiorno. This January in Vegas (at The Home Entertainment Show) James will be displaying and demoing his AMPZILLA 2000 Second Edition and Son of AMPZILLA 2000 Second Edition. Location is the Lake Mead Ballroom of the Flamingo Hotel, Jan 10-13.

I too used to have 3 HK Citation 16's (2 bridged and one stereo) and found them great on my stacked DQ-10's and Stereo Subs.

But anyhow, James and his new amps are written up in the lastest ABSOLUTE SOUND, and if you like the sound (he calls it "tubesistor") you will like his new gear too.

(disclaimer I am also a small AMPZILLA dealer)
I could write a book on how good the h/k 16A is. Today, it would compete against almost anything. But this little Grandson amp has got to be the 'over achiever' of the century. I can't stop listening, it's that good. I am going to look into the new Ampzilla gear. If it sounds anything like this Grandson amp, then James has hit one out of the park. Love that word 'tubesistor'. I think GASLOVER mentioned it to me a while back. That is this amp in a nutshell... tubesistor!