Amp upgrade recommendations

I am considering having a pair of DNA 0.5s upgraded to Rev A and converted to monoblocks to run balanced off of my BAT VK3i, which is driven by a CAL CL-10/Classe' DAC also running balanced. Speakers are Vandersteen 3Asigs. Or I could sell the amps and buy something else. The mono-block conversion and upgrade is $1800; amps would yield about $1400-1500.00 (one is already Rev B) if I sold them. Any thoughts on which route might be better? I do not want to get involved with a tube power amp. Thanks for your ideas.
128x128swampwalker
As I'm sure you are aware the DNA 0.5 has a somewhat of legendary reputation. If you don't need the raw power, then a REV A upgrade could be just what the doctor ordered.

Personally, I would want to ensure I have the power reserves for dynamic peaks, etc.. If it were me, I'd look into a DNA-1 Rev A or DNA-2 REV A. One DNA-1 Rev A could still be within your budget.

And as for the DNA-2 Rev A? It doesn't get much better than that.

My only listening experience is with the DNA-2 LAE, but I like to read.

-IMO
I highly recommend moving to a GamuT D-200 amp.
This amp is the best value going on the used market at $2500 or so used.
I know a guy who paired it with Vanderstein 5's and he loved it. He moved from it to a Spectral amp because all of the rest of his components were Spectral.

If you do not have a hard load to drive it is very difficult to beat the GamuT amp, at any price. I would love to have someone evaluate it against Mcormick amps.

BTW TAS gave the D-200 the Golden Ear award in 2000. They compared it (very favorable) to the tube LAMM monoblocks hich run like $30k. This amp is very hard to beat, and it can be upgaded by Gamut quite easily as technology progresses.

KF
I think Musical Fidelity has a $5k (new) integrated that's probably half that used that is virtually impossible to beat sonically right now! I've owned a few "class A" rated amps, and have dinked around with the McCormack's, and I don't think you'll get better sound than what Musical Fidelity(Or is it Mobile fidelity..I gorget Something like that anyway)
piece offers. Might look into it.
I personally don't think the McCormmack's are "the Cat's Pajamas", but that's me. Infact, my old Threshold T200(class A rated) was better than anything that McCormack made. The T200 is the best SS amp at around $1500 used.
Good Luck
Fiscally speaking you'd be best to sell the DNA 0.5's and buy another used amps. I agree with most of the reco's here, I haven't heard the Musical Fidelity. I also agree with hifiguy, I have a Threshold T400 which I like better than the McCormack IMS. McCormack is a nice SS amp, but to spend $1800 upgrading it, you would never recoup that money if you decide in another year or so. I'd sell and go with the more expensive McCormack's (if you like that sonic signature) or a GamuT, Classe, Threshold or Rowland, IMHO.