Krell KAV 250 A

I'M USING A KRELL 300i INTEGRATED AMP WITH MY TALON KHORUS
SPEAKERS AND REGA PLANET 2000 CD.
WILL ADDING A KRELL KAV 250-A AMPLIFIER AND USING THE ABOVE INTEGRATED ONE AS A PRE-AMP BE A RECOMMENDED UPGRADE?
I LOVE THE OVERALL SOUND OF KRELL, BUT DO U THINK THAT THIS AMP CAN ADD NOTICABLE "JUICE" TO MY SYSTEM ?
HOW BAD IS THE IDEA OF SAVING MONEY ON A SEPARATE PRE-AMP
AND USING MY KAV300i AS ONE?
IS THERE A WAY OF BRIDGING THE TWO COMPONENTS TO ACHIEVE ADDED POWER OR AM I ASKING TOO MUCH NOW ? :)
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ADVICE,
WARM REGARDS
DAVID
dave4u
The KAV250a will definitely be a nice upgrade. You should be able to find one for around $1500 used. If you could spring for a KRC3 to use as the preamp (probably about $1400 used) and sell the 300i you'll really have a nice upgrade going. I think a used 250a is an excellent deal. -Kirk
how do i "disconnect the signal links so that i won't drive the 300i amp stages into an open load" ?
when the time comes of course...
also, isn't the stock cable from krell good enough? its pretty thick (i'm not a big believer in spending money on cables, i know u might disagree)
btw, i'm using nordost blue haven as speaker cable for my wonderful talon khorus set..
i believe i can find a used kav 250A for about 1500 but what if i could spend up to 3000 on a better amp, will it take me to a whole different (higher) level or the difference would b to subtle to b worth it? any recommendations?
thank you all for your kind help.
David
If you really enjoy Krell, another suggestion might be to rid yourself of the 300i and get a 500i. The 500 is a monster compared to the 300 and should power the Talons with ease. Once you get the 500i in your hands, you'll realize its a much different animal.

Reason I suggest this is I don't think its reasonably easy to use the 300i as a preamp only. The 300p is used for that purpose.
Bryan certainly makes a good point. Not being familiar with this 300i piece myself I don't know if in fact there are outboard connectors that allow separating the preamp stage from the poweramp section; in fact these connections may not even be available at the rear panel, but only inside. I had previously checked on Krell's website, but I don't see it shown there.
Certainly any stock power cord will allow a component to play music, but not at its' optimum by any means. Just stick with whatever you're comfortable with for the time being; I only mentioned this because if I had kept my 250a & tried to tweak it with better cabling, then I might not have ever sold it. But I didn't believe in any of that "nonsense" either at the time, & probably made a mistake due to my ignorance.
This is just something to think about, you have a $15,000 speakers I suggest you sell the 300i and buy an FPB series amp (since you like the Krell sound, so do I mind you) and a very good tube preamp. Then you'll hear what your speakers can really do.