Krell KAV 250 A

I'M USING A KRELL 300i INTEGRATED AMP WITH MY TALON KHORUS
SPEAKERS AND REGA PLANET 2000 CD.
WILL ADDING A KRELL KAV 250-A AMPLIFIER AND USING THE ABOVE INTEGRATED ONE AS A PRE-AMP BE A RECOMMENDED UPGRADE?
I LOVE THE OVERALL SOUND OF KRELL, BUT DO U THINK THAT THIS AMP CAN ADD NOTICABLE "JUICE" TO MY SYSTEM ?
HOW BAD IS THE IDEA OF SAVING MONEY ON A SEPARATE PRE-AMP
AND USING MY KAV300i AS ONE?
IS THERE A WAY OF BRIDGING THE TWO COMPONENTS TO ACHIEVE ADDED POWER OR AM I ASKING TOO MUCH NOW ? :)
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ADVICE,
WARM REGARDS
DAVID
dave4u
The KAV250 would be a noticable upgrade, but not sure if it would be worth the $2500, but then again, only you can answer that one. Krell makes nice stuff...try to demo one then decide.

good luck.

m-
Going from a 300i to a 250a driven by the 300i's preamp will certainly add some slam factor & dynamics to your rig. The 250a that I had seemed to never run out of steam; it has considerable headroom & sounded quite detailed esp. for an av class product. The disadvantage is that you'll then need a pair of quality interconnects & another good AC cord for the amp, in addition to the one that you're hopefully already using for your integrated. Of course you'll need to disconnect the signal links so that you're not driving the 300i's amplifier stages into an open load condition, & bear in mind that any idle current consumed by the amp stages will be wasted energy unless you can locate some internal rail fuses & remove them. No you cannot combine the output power from the integrated along with the 250a or any other amp. You could use the 300i's outputs for driving a separate pair of speakers though.
The KAV250a will definitely be a nice upgrade. You should be able to find one for around $1500 used. If you could spring for a KRC3 to use as the preamp (probably about $1400 used) and sell the 300i you'll really have a nice upgrade going. I think a used 250a is an excellent deal. -Kirk
how do i "disconnect the signal links so that i won't drive the 300i amp stages into an open load" ?
when the time comes of course...
also, isn't the stock cable from krell good enough? its pretty thick (i'm not a big believer in spending money on cables, i know u might disagree)
btw, i'm using nordost blue haven as speaker cable for my wonderful talon khorus set..
i believe i can find a used kav 250A for about 1500 but what if i could spend up to 3000 on a better amp, will it take me to a whole different (higher) level or the difference would b to subtle to b worth it? any recommendations?
thank you all for your kind help.
David