Innersound ESL amplifier - good choice?

I am considering the Innersound ESL amp for my maggie 1.6QR's.
Does anyone have experience with this amp?
Is it really as good as TAS says?
I do not see many people commenting on them and I normally like tube amps but want to keep my speakers. My Rogue Magnum 120's do not have enough power and dynamic range for these speakers. I have the Magnum 99 pre as well.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you everyone who has help me on Audigon in the past.
128x128philjolet
I have used the Rogue 99 preamp in combination with the InnerSound ESL amp and it worked really well on the InnerSound Eros. The ESL amp will have a lot of power to spare in driving the 1.6s, even playing them as loud as they can play without self destructing. I think you should go for it. It's a great combo. :)
There are 30 threads on Innersound amps indexed in Audiogon Forums search engine.
Thanks Plato,
Do you think it has a specific sound? How was it a great combo? It sounds like you do not have that system anymore did you replace the 99?
I think I will probably try it out but am still looking for more input.

thanks again
Phil
Hello Philojet,
I'm using the Innersound esl amp with my Magnepan 1.6's. It just so happens that the Rogue 99 is in my system as well. I compared a Odyssey Stratos amp to the Innersound and found that the Innersound is more revealing, dynamic, airy with voice and space, and overall a "effortless" quality to the sound compared to the Odyssey. My new Rogue 99 arrived last week and I was more impressed of the sound compared to my Rogue 66. My new 99 hasn't been fully broken in yet and came with stock Chinese tubes which seemed bright and lacked the "warm" sound I hoped for (probably due to the Chinese tube compliment). Today I sent my Rogue 99 in for the Magnum upgrade, which includes the nos Russian 6n7's and hope that the nos tubes(along with the Magnum upgrade) will warm the sound a bit more. The first thing I noticed when using the 66 and 99 was total control of the maggies and more "information" from the source which was not as revealing with the Odyssey Stratos amp. Don't get me wrong, the Odyssey Stratos amp is good, but it just doesn't have the control and revealing qualities like the Innersound esl amp. I'm sure it is because of its power, and high voltage of its design. I'll keep you updated as soon as I have more of a refined listening session with the Innersound esl, Rogue 99 Magnum, and Magnepan 1.6's !
Hello, I have owned the Innersound amps.They do a great number of things right-especially with a digital source.There is a better presentation with a class A biased amp IMO. Had you considered a Plinius SA-100/102 and possibly monoblocking when the cash is available.I believe the top-end detail and musical qualities of the class a design out-weigh the sheer power approach.Happy hunting! Tom