Best Sounding used amplifier under 1000???

Looking to get into a used 2 or 3 channel power amplifier to power my Paradigm Studio Reference 80 ver. 1 speakers. Looking at around 200-250 watts per channel or such. I am currently using a Xtant 3300c (60x2, 360x1) high end car amplifier and it sounds so wonderfull but looking to get into more power and with possibly better overall sound (how much more better will it be I dont know?). I'm using Monster Cable M Series CX-4 Bi-wire cable for the speakers. My limit is $1000 used for the amplifier. Please post any comments and suggestions retaining to this idea.

Thanks!
asi_tek
Sorry,I disagree the Harmonic Precision has much more texture, better soundstage and is more dynamic than the Pass. The Pass amp sounded dark and dynamically
challanged. This was on SCIV's
David99 has a good point, 200W seems like a lot of power for efficient speakers. If you think you can live with 100W, I'd consider the Threshold S/200 which can be had for $800-$900. The Sonograph amps also sound good and can be had for your budget.
I just bought a little McIntosh MC7100 and am really impressed with it. It is a good deal for an amp with balanced connections and 195W at 6 ohms (I tested it). Its music is magical with crystal clear highs and detail with really kicking bass. It plays my wonderful Paradigm Reference 100s with incredible ease - best amp I have heard for the price ($700 or so). It is just amazing.
If you could get your hands on an Aragon, 150 or up, it will give the big boys a run for their money. Great detailing, superior soundstaging, imaging, and tremendous bass. It is an amplifier that is truly under-rated. The wattage is doubled on most of their amps (200@ 8 ohms, 400 @ 4 ohms). Tremendous output in the current department. Read the reviews on audioreview.com. Known as the "poor mans Krell", it out performs some of the Krells! I know, because I have had a couple of their over-glorified products. If you can find an Aragon, it is not hard to do on Audiogon, you will be able to hear the difference right away.
I would have to say the Harmonic Precision is a best buy for solid state under $1000. I have been a tube fan for many years, and the HP is the only SS amp I would buy that competes with my Zen triode. The HP has more than enough power to drive B&W 803 series 2's to painful levels.