Best Sounding used amplifier under 1000???

Looking to get into a used 2 or 3 channel power amplifier to power my Paradigm Studio Reference 80 ver. 1 speakers. Looking at around 200-250 watts per channel or such. I am currently using a Xtant 3300c (60x2, 360x1) high end car amplifier and it sounds so wonderfull but looking to get into more power and with possibly better overall sound (how much more better will it be I dont know?). I'm using Monster Cable M Series CX-4 Bi-wire cable for the speakers. My limit is $1000 used for the amplifier. Please post any comments and suggestions retaining to this idea.

Thanks!
asi_tek
No doubt. Take a look. The aother BEAUTY of this amp, being a 4 channel amp, you can BIAMP you speakers and pretty sure you will not find cleaner, more robust power than the Madrigal/Citation 7.1. NOW, if HT is not a concern, roll with the tubes!

Dan
I agree with jsrtheta the Electrocompaniet is a great amp sounds more like music than most anything out there.Kills the Adcom B&k Parasound as well as small Krells and Proceeds.Check out and see if there is a Harmonic Precision somewhere out there.I heard one of these at CES a couple of years ago and it sounded incredible.
If you can get by with 30 watts David is right that the Pass Aleph 3 is far superior in sound to anything mentioned, it is close to as good as anything at any price.
Sorry,I disagree the Harmonic Precision has much more texture, better soundstage and is more dynamic than the Pass. The Pass amp sounded dark and dynamically
challanged. This was on SCIV's
David99 has a good point, 200W seems like a lot of power for efficient speakers. If you think you can live with 100W, I'd consider the Threshold S/200 which can be had for $800-$900. The Sonograph amps also sound good and can be had for your budget.