Under 1k integrated recomendations

I am looking to spend under 1,000 on a new or used amp to drive Sonus Faber Concertino speakers. My issue is that I only want to use a CD player and tuner with it... no tape/pre out/record loop etc etc. So much of what I see has a ton of features that I wouldn't use but am presumably paying for. All I want is a simple amp with great clean sound. Doesn't need to be hugely powerful, but cant be too weird looking to keep wife happy.
Thanks for any suggestions.
peteinvicta1
The Audio Refinement keeps coming up and that is a very nice unit. Might also look at the Luxman 491 hybrid with tube preamp and solid state amp. 90 wpc. Some coming through Canada. Hawthorne Stereo in Seattle brings them in and places them on Ebay for around $500.
Another suggestion would be a Naim Nait 2. This model is a couple of years old but can be picked up for around 600$. It's a very musical amplifier with a simple yet functional no-nonsens design (3 inputs + phono, volume and balance control) housed in a small box. Uses DIN outputs, though.
Thanks to all for their suggestions... I went and listened to the Audiomat Arpege at a dealer today. Beautiful amp, I will keep my eye open for a used one.
I also checked out the Bryston which didnt do much for me after the Audiomat, but I will also try and check out the Audio Refinement.
As for the Linn... I used to have one of these without the tuner, but my wife hated the controls. Sonically it was great.
Thanks to all for your suggestions, I feel closer to a decision now.
*-Don't mean to be repetitive but there is an Audiomat for $1250 here. Don't get much cheaper as far as I've seen, as you say, "beautiful" sounding amp.

I remain,
There is a used Primare A20 Mk II listed at $1000. You don't hear a lot about them, but I've been using one for about a year and have been very impressed. I have to qualify my opinion since I moved up to it from an old Luxman receiver and just recently did a substantial upgrade. On the other hand, I listened to a number of amplifiers in the $3-6 thousand range that I didn't like as well as the Primare. Unfortunately, I only got to listen to four of them at home.
Two sounded better than the Primare and two didn't. I ended up with Clayton M70's.