Vandersteen 2ce upgrade?

It's time to move on from my beloved 2ce's. I'm one of the 10,000 who bought them and now I need to move up. They have been wonderful for the last 10 years but it's time. I'm looking for advice on speakers to consider. My budget is $ 1500 used. I'm using an ARC D-75 but plan to upgrade that later. I listen to Jazz, Opera, Classical at reasonable levels. Anyone out there go through this journey? Any suggestions appreciated.
John
jfh
Anyone compare audio physic tempo with coincident partial eclipse? They coming down to thr choices.
John
I have 2ce's driven by a Counterpoint SA-20, and I like the sound very well for light classical and chamber music, but it really gets a bit boomy and underdetailed when I am playing heavy symphony or rock. (I will confess my room could use more work too!) I am considering adding 1 or 2 2wq's to get the bass of the 2ces, and perhaps bi-amping with a second SA-20 (or 220). As a last resort, I may try a SS amp like a Rowland or Pass.
I added one 2w and it was the perfect match for my room and my electronic equipment.