switching from Tubes to SS

I am thinking of making the switch. I would welcome your opinions on a SS amp (either stereo or mono blocks)

My setup is as follows

Wadia 861 Cd Player
First Sound Pre amp
ProAc Response 5 speakers
Fim Cables
Hydra PLC

Thank you in advance
Brad Fisher
I own a pair of Joule Electra 160 mono blocks. I love these amps. I have owned them for a year and a half. I dont think there is anything wrong with my setup. I am just wondering if the grass is greener on the other side.
Please try Pass Labs x series amps and pre-amps. Tube like sound without the hastle of tubes.
I drive Proac Response 2.5s with a Pass X-150 and I use a First Sound tube line stage as you do (some of the time, I switch off with a Placette). Great combination. You may want more power than the 150, but maybe not.
Brad, if you're happy, then why change anything? You have what appears to be a tremendous sounding system. At your current level, it is actually easier to screw-up your system then it is to make it better by substituting equipment. If you haven't already done it, you might want to invest in a serious equipment rack and try to address isolation issues.

Also, have you tried running the Wadia directly into the power amps?
No current SS amp sounds like the best tube amps in spatial qualities - and if you've got Pro Acs and run the Hydra why would you want less in that regard, unless strict convenience was your predominant concern (which doesn't sound like that's the situation here). For instance, the Pass SS single ended stuff does get the air "within" the sound source more correct, but the space around players is still less well treated, and particularly as you move deeper into the soundstage (its still nice stuff though). Yes, Pass would be a good SS choice, and no, never go from CD outs directly into amps as pre's are the fulcrum of any good harmonically nuanced system, but why don't you instead swap the First Sound pre for Joule's new LA150? Joule amps are thinner harmonically (even though OTL) than their pre's which are richer. Predictably, they mate well. I think that might settle you down from that stereo-buying-gremlin for a long while... Of course, assuming that is what you are after...