BAT VK 60 and 14 ohm Coincident Speakers

Hello to all and Seasons Greetings,
I have been the happy owner of a Vk 60 for the last 9 months and am considering a speaker change. I have been using the wonderful Soliloquy 5.3s and am just trying to step things up a few notches with a pair of Coincident Super Eclipses. I am a tube newbie and have a question or two.
Does a tube amp like a 14 ohm speaker more than a 8 ohm speaker even if it doesnt have taps that go up that high?
Do i assume that the highest ohm rated tap on my amp is the one to go with?
Or how about this...Does anyone see why the BATVK60 and the Coincident Super E's wont be a great match?
Thanks to all.
RB
deiselr
If you use the 8 ohm taps with 14 ohm loudspeakers your going to make it that much easier for the amplifier to drive the speakers.

If effect what you are doing is increasing the impedance of the output transformer. This creates a better match between the high impedance stage of the output tube and your output transformer. Thus you should notice better dynamics and less strain.

This is because of the relationship between resistance,current, and voltage.

One of the biggest marketing gimics I hear is that you can't drive speaker "X"with tubes because they require high current. Tubes are voltages devices and therefore will not be able to provide enough power. If you look at the relationship between voltage and current you find one cannot exist without the other.

With the speakers you are considering you could connect a 2A3 amplifier to the 8ohm taps and have more than enough power.

Hope this helps
coincident speakers are great, i have coincident victory 14 ohm 97db with cary 805C.