Room treatment made me cry.......a little........

I recently purchased some GIK bass traps (6), diffusion panels (2), wall panels (8) and removed my TV from the room. The TV was located between the speakers. I will update my virtual system pictures next week.

I simply could not believe how much my music improved. While listening to Peter Gabriel I teared up as I was more emotionally connected to the music then ever before in my music room. . Same system and room - new acoustically treated room. I have listened to his Scratch My Back CD many times, but never like this.

I write this post as I want others to know that this investment is perhaps the best investment I have made in my music in 30 years. Amazing and not expected, at least not this level of improvement and emotional connection.

I knew my system always sounded great, but now...................it makes me tear up.
128x128grannyring
Jmcgrogan, yes I will stay put! Ha!

Buconero117, if the gear is 4 feet behind the front plane of the speakers and only 2 feet off the floor and in a rack that allows space over, under and throughout the gear, then how much can this really impact the sound?

I think running long single ended ic's would be more of a negative. I can't afford long runs of speaker cable and love my 10 foot set. It seems if gear is on the floor or on a very short rack (2 feet or so) it may not be an issue. I would think gear set up this way between the speakers would do more scattering? Just a question?

Sgr, I also owned panels from the two companies you mentioned and they dulled the room only. Same experience as you.
hey Granny, thanks for the clarification - your orig post gave NO indication of your being a veteran & having tried many other products & being disappointed. So, yeah, your later posts did put things in perspective. Sorry for the cheeky post content. Enjoy!
John, your post had me LOL as I also have college and post college aged children. They come back for a season and then scatter. Empty nest to full house from one weekend to the next.

As good as a treated room sounds the harmony of a loving wife is far better :-)
I find it hard to believe that the wall panels are any different from other Reynolds 703 fiberglass panels, even the home made ones. The bass panels are 4" thick rather than 2" - I could see that making a difference. Have you tried diffusors before, in all your trials? I think that could make a BIG difference.
Panels make a difference. The homemade ones you mention and others do not absorb as evenly accross the frequency spectrum. GIK panels are 5.5 inches thick for the 244 panel. The monster bass panel is 6 inches deep.

So instead of absorbing just the highs and taking all the life out of the music they are more broadband and greatly improve focus and reduce smearing. Look at the provided test results and compare to others and you will quickly find GIK panels perform much better.

My ears proved it for me. I have used the rock wool and rigid fiberglass products and they simply don't compare.