Anyone else noticing inflation in used gear $?

While quite non-scientific, judging by recent prices and the speed at which quality gear is moving on audiogon there seems to be both some price inflation and a pickup in the velocity of money? The economy is pretty horrendous, however I'd wager that audiophiles tend to be the more affluent among the general population - if not always rational... I generally subscibe to the theory that we are entering a period of stagflation, with inflation in the things we "need" and deflation in the things we "want" - however what I'm seeing here leads me to believe that either I'm incorrect or we all really do need Krell amps.
matti
When the economy takes a big dive people seem to be afraid and tighten up there spending , but although the economy doesn't really improve , most folks get used to the situation a loosen up a bit with there spending .
Only for the things I would like to buy. It's going the other way for things I would like to sell.
A fixed price on old gear from a sellers point is just madness. Most gear sold that's 10yrs old or more is in need of a possible cap change or upgrading. This alone can nickle and dime a buyer into the poor house. I should think that more sellers could try to be more flexible and take this into consideration when posting older gear.
I agree completely, I was essentially not perusing the site at all for a few years and recently came back on a regular basis and was shocked at some of the prices. I have also noticed some very quick sales, it seems like every time I see something on New Today that I know is a good deal, it's already been sold. Luckily I'm not really in the market to buy anything, but it seems like quite a sea change from just a couple of years ago. No wonder more people seem to be going the modding and upgrade route, it can provide the best value.
If it is a best offer listing we don'r really know the final selling price unless we participate in transaction or communicate privately with other members. Personally, I pay little attention to the asking price when willing to buy, I just offer what I am prepared to pay with some room for negotiation.
Most good 10 year old gear requires nothing for at least 5-10 more years except tubes of course. Almost all my gear is more than 10 years old and I hear no difference compared to what it was 5 years ago.