Upgrading Fuses

Have a Audio Research Ref 3 and am considering upgrading the fuses but I am a little skeptical. Would like to hear from people who have try this. Hard to believe that fuses can make a substantial difference like the manufacturers claim. All advice appreciated.
128x128needfreestuff
I used the gold fuses on my Ref3 and on a few other components , the results were small but worthwhile .
I've used Hi-Fi tuning fuses in my Almarro amp and my CD player and I almost heard a difference.
That's $90 for almost.
I removed the Hi Fi tuning fuse from my Vac preamp while I had the Manley set up for a couple of weeks. I forgot about changing the fuse out when I inserted the Vac back into the system. After a few days listening something just didn't sound as I had remembered it. Aha, the fuse change! The Hi Fi fuse went back in and the difference was clearly noticeable and for the better.
The more resolving a system , the more likely a difference will be heard .
I hope none of the good folks here with lower end gear will take issue with that , as I have always judged audiophile friends and club members by there passion not there parts .
Just a thought, what if you just try the regular generic ceramic fuses? You can get these at your local Radio Shack or Fry's for like a buck (or two).

I think I will stop by there and grab some tonight.

FrankC